About the Course
We believe that in every trade and profession, there is a toolkit that the professional draws upon to do their job well.
This is ‘THE TEACHER TOOLKIT’ that junior class teachers need as they head into September 2023!
We’ve got the tools to help you drive student engagement, enjoyment and success.
Whether you are an NQT seeking to extend your knowledge or a more experienced teacher looking for fresh perspectives, new ideas and better ways, there’s certainly plenty here for you both.
Our toolkits have been developed with the expertise of colleagues here at CPD College, and through reaching out to innovators in the various education fields.
It is a collection of relevant and practical resources to provide inspiration and guidance for all, with tools spanning the following areas:
- Planning & preparation tools
- Efficient & effective classroom management tools
- Oral language lesson tools & formats
- Reading lesson tools & formats
- Writing lesson tools & formats
- Spelling toolkit
- Lesson presentation tools
- Questioning toolkit
- Comprehension toolkit
- Engagement toolkit
- Resources toolkit
- General Maths teaching tools
- Games as a tool in literacy & numeracy
- Assessment tools and checks for understanding in both literacy & mathematics
- Tech tools for both literacy & mathematics
- Inclusion tools
A well-rounded teacher toolkit needs to be expansive, diverse and dynamic, with both general and specific tools. Whatever the task, there are certain selections of tools that are best for that job, and those are the ones we choose from the toolkit on a daily, lesson-by-lesson basis.
Across this course, we concentrate on the tools that support quality language learning and mathematics teaching. We hope that by the time you exit the course in module 5, you will have acquired a rich and much-expanded tool kit to go forth and do teaching, learning and assessment just that little bit better.
Go forth into the 2023 / 2024 academic year to enhance the quality of teaching and learning in your classroom through the deployment of innovative, impactful and engaging tools.
Return to the classroom in September, equipped with the junior toolkit for teaching literacy and numeracy.
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course anytime until March 31st 2024.
Within this highly interactive web-based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
- Provide the knowledge, understanding and skills to design more effective lessons in literacy and mathematics, whilst following a suggested lesson structure
- Identify, revise and incorporate 100 effective teaching strategies to deliver lesson content and support learning
- Promote a quality questioning approach within mathematics and literacy lessons
- Champion clear learner outcomes and quality learner experiences to be at the heart of lessons
- Provide a range of strategies and activities that support the development of strong oral language, reading and writing skills
- Provide a range of strategies and activities that support the development of mathematical skills, concepts and dispositions
- Itemise a suite of digital materials and tools that can facilitate planning, classroom management, teaching, learning and assessment in literacy and mathematics
01 - Oral language tools
02 - Reading tools
03 - Writing tools
04 - General Maths tools
05 - Maths tech tools