About the Course
PowerPoint is an under-used teaching resource / technique in the primary classroom. This is mainly because teachers just haven’t the adequate skills set to easily create a good PowerPoint. This course will change that for YOU! Like hundreds of teachers before you, join our PowerPoint course this year and leave with a set of skills that you will continue using for the rest of your teaching career. Your future lessons will have the PowerPoint edge!
This course aims to:
- Equip teacher with the skills necessary to use and re-use PowerPoints in their teaching
- Develop teachers’ knowledge of how ICT can be used to enhance lesson delivery
- Set out the best principles that guide the production of PowerPoint
- Introduce teachers to the skills, tools and techniques necessary to create and present a lesson using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Have teachers create specified lessons using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Share the wealth of existing primary PowerPoint lessons with course participants
- Encourage reflection on ones current approach to the use and integration of I.C.T. within the various curricular areas and how current good practice could be further refined & enhanced.
|01 - Plan and start building a lesson presentation, selecting a layout, inserting text and pictures. Download, view, study, edit and use sample Mathematics lessons.|
|02 - Apply a theme to the presentation, add some special animation features and how to run the show. Download, view, study, edit and use sample Literacy lessons.|
|03 - Select various views, to work in presenter view and how to select, download, use and manipulate the thousands of readymade & available templates. Download, view, study, edit and use sample Science lessons.|
|04 - Print the slide show, reherse timings, explore various save as options and how to package for burning to CD. Download, view, study, edit and use sample SESE lessons.|
|05 - Teachers will be afforded practice in using all Microsoft PowerPoint tools & opportunities to combine all elements in the production of task based and specified lessons. Download, view, study and use sample lessons across various curricular areas.|