About the Course
PowerPoint is an under-used teaching resource / technique in the primary classroom. This is mainly because teachers just haven’t the adequate skills set to easily create a good PowerPoint. This course will change that for YOU! Like hundreds of teachers before you, join our PowerPoint course this year and leave with a set of skills that you will continue using for the rest of your teaching career. Your future lessons will have the PowerPoint edge!
100's of free PowerPoint lessons to download, edit and use from within the course.
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course from July 1st until August 20th.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
This course aims to:
- Equip teacher with the skills necessary to use and re-use PowerPoints in their teaching
- Develop teachers’ knowledge of how ICT can be used to enhance lesson delivery
- Set out the best principles that guide the production of PowerPoint
- Introduce teachers to the skills, tools and techniques necessary to create and present a lesson using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Have teachers create specified lessons using Microsoft PowerPoint
- Share the wealth of existing primary PowerPoint lessons with course participants
- Encourage reflection on ones current approach to the use and integration of I.C.T. within the various curricular areas and how current good practice could be further refined & enhanced.
|01 - Plan and start building a lesson presentation, selecting a layout, inserting text and pictures. Download, view, study, edit and use sample Mathematics lessons.|
|02 - Apply a theme to the presentation, add some special animation features and how to run the show. Download, view, study, edit and use sample Literacy lessons.|
|03 - Select various views, to work in presenter view and how to select, download, use and manipulate the thousands of readymade & available templates. Download, view, study, edit and use sample Science lessons.|
|04 - Print the slide show, reherse timings, explore various save as options and how to package for burning to CD. Download, view, study, edit and use sample SESE lessons.|
|05 - Teachers will be afforded practice in using all Microsoft PowerPoint tools & opportunities to combine all elements in the production of task based and specified lessons. Download, view, study and use sample lessons across various curricular areas.|