About the Course
The SEN Toolkit is particularly for all SENCOs, SETs, SNAs & mainstream class teachers - for ALL those supporting children with Special Educational needs.
Our purpose is to provide guidance on how to identify children with different types and levels of need, and information on appropriate steps, strategies and tools to support them
This toolkit will help you recognise indicators of common barriers to learning, identify students that may have a specific learning need and plan structured interventions and supports for that student.
With a little more knowledge, better information, better choice tools and a burning desire to do better for these children, well, we can do even better!
When a student is working below expectations, it is important that teachers rapidly build up a picture of any learning difficulties they may be experiencing in order to inform timely and effective interventions.
The SEN Toolkit provides teachers with what they need to know, to follow up on concerns, determine and respond to a pupil's learning needs.
The Toolkit ranges across:
- Assessment tools
- Planning tools
- Intervention tools
- Monitoring tools
- Teaching & Presentation tools
- Classroom Management tools
- Communication, Speech & Language tools
- ADD / ADHD tools
- Maths Support tools
- Behaviour Management tools
- Autism Support tools
- Dyslexia toolkit
- Organisational Planning tools
- Cognitive Skills toolkit
- Resources tools
- Down Syndrome Support toolkit
- Tech Tools for SEN ……………..and more.
Not only these tools, but we intend to establish a sharing and curation centre within each module of the course where participants will share insights, resources, interventions, tips and practices.
Distilling out, sharing and experiencing the wisdom of those teachers who do this daily. I for one can’t wait!!
Together, we will make this course the best possible experience for all!
So - if you are a SENCO, SET, an SNA or a mainstream class teacher looking to better include, support and respond to the individual needs of ALL students, then this course is for you.
Return to the classroom with the SEN TOOLKIT, with the tools and ‘know-how’ to better support all your students.
We look forward to welcoming you to the course.
The on-line format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course anytime until March 31st 2024.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
- Equip teachers with the knowledge, skills and tools to productively apply the framework and processes of the continuum of support model to identify and allocate support to pupils with SEN.
- Detail and illustrate the Student Support File as the means to capture the response to individual need
- Compile and explain the tools and strategies that best respond to common language and communication difficulties
- Devise & incorporate the strategies & activities to support pupil interactions, organisational and motor skills, attention & listening skills, transitions etc.
- Identify and explain the strategies to support ADD/ADHD, Dyslexia, Autism, Down Syndrome and those exhibiting social, emotional or behavioural difficulties
- Illustrate strategies and approaches that are more inclusive and better support all children in mathematics
- Fortify all teachers with the knowledge, understandings, skills, insights and tools to better respond to pupils with SEN, every lesson, every day
- Propose a range of devices, apps, websites and digital objects and materials that can support SEN
01 - Tools for assessment & identification of needs
02 - Language & Communication tools
03 - Comprehension tools
04 - Tools to develop behaviour & skills for learning
05 - Tools to support Maths and tools for ADHD, ASD & DS