About the Course
Drama, like music, infuses a classroom with an energy and vibe like no other, all positive, and as both a technique and art form, should be harnessed and exploited to the maximum. YES, we all do drama on occasion, but how well do you do classroom drama, the curricular kind? Children love to play. Drama is child’s play, the essence of drama being the making of story through enactment.
This course aims to:
- Improve teacher understanding, skill and ability to teach Drama effectively
- Verse teachers in the recommended approaches, methodologies, best practices and activities for developing pupil drama skills.
- Detail the elements that combine in effective drama teaching in each of the strands
- Explore and create drama lessons that are based on strong ‘Assessment for Learning’ principles.
- Equip teachers with a suite of assessment approaches & techniques
- Itemise some digital tools that can facilitate drama teaching and learning.
- Review research/literature/writings to extrapolate good practice points for guiding work in drama
- Look at, review and score one’s own ‘Teacher Practice in Drama’ as part of the SSE process
|01 - On completion of this module teachers will know the essence of drama and its significance for the child’s development.|
|02 - This module will furnish teachers with the practical approaches & methodologies for the teaching of drama in the senior classroom.|
|03 - The purpose of this module is to introduce teachers to a range of drama warm up & cool down activities and to introduce teachers to a selection of drama strategies conventions and teaching resources.|
|04 - This module will enable teachers to identify, analyse, review and assess a large selection of creative drama opportunities for the senior classes.|
05 - In this module, teachers will read and reflect on their approach to teaching drama and how it will be influenced and impacted by participation in this course.