About the Course
Are you in search of great interactive whiteboard teaching approaches combined with hundreds of the best resources available to support your teaching schemes, especially across Maths & English? Then this is the course to meet and more than satisfy your needs. Our crack IWB team have assembled a wealth of materials, so loved by teachers nationwide. It’s all just a click away!
This course aims to:
- Provide a thorough knowledge of interactive whiteboards, their application within curriculum and their versatility to support teaching and learning.
- Engage with and bookmark the vast dynamic range of interactive whiteboard based content available across a number of curriculum areas, especially for literacy and mathematics.
- Examine the place of interactive whiteboards in the technology promoting school.
- Review research findings into the use of interactive whiteboards in schools and their impact on student learning.
- Review and integrate the mapped digital interactives to schemes of work
- Create WEBQUESTS in literacy, mathematics and SESE.
- Provide ideas, insights and creative approaches to the application of IWBs, and identify peripherals that can be attached for added value in teaching and learning.
- Distil out the accumulated experiences and practical ideas from participants into a TEACHER SHARE RESOURCE CENTRAL.
- Reflect on their own current approach to the use and integration of I.C.T. within the various curricular areas, especially literacy & Maths, and how current good practice could be further refined & enhanced to drive outcome.
- Look at, review and score one’s own ‘Teacher Practice in Literacy’ as part of the SSE process.
|01 - The Interactive Whiteboard as a teaching tool and how it impacts on pedagogy.|
|02 - How interactive whiteboards can be used to support literacy in an integrated way.|
|03 - How interactive whiteboards can be used to support the teaching and illustration of mathematical concepts in the classroom.|
|04 - How interactive whiteboards can be used to support and enliven classroom lessons across all subjects of the curriculum from SESE to the Arts.|
|05 - What constitutes a technology promoting school, where I.C.T. is used to enhance teaching & learning, and where interactive whiteboards can be an invaluable part of the technological mix.|