About the Course
It may be an online course but we will raise your heart-beat as you excitedly trawl through our ‘Treasure Trove’ of crack approaches & strategies, resources & ideas, best hints & tips, that will surely infuse, invigorate & enliven all your future P.E. lessons.
Each module is a veritable repository of great ideas, an Aladdins cave of materials to take back to school and use with your children, repositories from which you will sieve out the best possible lesson plans / lesson ideas or strategies / techniques for implementation with your class in the coming year.
Our course ranges across all areas of P.E., covering:
- All strands of the primary school P.E. curriculum
- Lesson planning, teaching approaches and content delivery
- Numerous lesson plans and lesson formats for all, covering organisation & teaching points, along with many suggestions for structured activities
- Warm up & cool down routines galore
- Games & skill development e.g. striking & fielding games, invasion games, net & wall games and many more
- Basketball skills, routines and game playing
- The full spectrum of footballing skills
- Tag rugby, unihoc, walking activities, outdoor challenges & athletics
- A suite of instant activities and fun games to get & keep them moving
- Downloadable PDF games and activities for all strands and all classes
- Online clickable connections to resource providers and support organisations that will better support & resource your delivery of P.E. with your class in the coming year
- A vibrant discussion forum in each module where teachers are encouraged to freely and willingly contribute resource suggestions and great practice tips, a firm favourite area with teachers each year.
………………….. not to mention the many illustrative videos that highlight good practice and worn routines ……. and more.
Join our online P.E. course. No tracksuit required!
This self-paced on-line course focuses on providing teachers with ideas, approaches & strategies for developing children’s abilities in athletics, game playing, gymnastics & dance, outdoor & adventure pursuits and in fostering aquatic competence.
The online format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course anytime until March 31st 2024.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and certificate of completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
This course aims to:
- Revise and reflect the current approaches to the various strands of the Physical Education programme and suggest how current good practice could be further refined / enhanced in light of the ideas, strategies and exemplar lesson plans presented in the course.
- Highlight that strong lesson plans lead to better learning outcomes and progression in skill acquisition.
- Plan lessons with an inbuilt strong ‘Assessment for Learning’ element.
- Emphasise the importance of warm up / cool down activities in every session.
- Introduce teachers to excellent programmes, resources and skill building activities.
- Empower and equip teachers to deliver strong P.E. lessons in the coming year.
- Set out some of the assessment approaches for P.E.
- Look at, review and score one’s own ‘Teacher Practice in P.E.’ as part of the SSE process.
|01 - To examine the important lifelong place of physical education in a child centred curriculum.
|02 - To provide ideas, approaches and strategies for developing childrens’ athlethic abilities.
|03 - To provide ideas, approaches and strategies for developing childrens’ game playing abilities.
|04 - To provide ideas, approaches and strategies for developing childrens’ abilities in gymnastics and dance.
|05 - To provide ideas, approaches and strategies for fostering childrens’ abilities in and appreciation of outdoor & adventure activities along with an understanding and appreciation of aquatics.