About the Course
Classroom Management – you do it every day! Now learn how to do it even better with top tips and cutting edge insights from those that know how to do it best!
In this self-paced on-line course we cover two broad areas:
- How to better manage children's challenging behaviour through positive pro-active intervention strategies.
- How to best engineer the physical space that is the classroom to best facilitate learning, operating along the lines of strongly defined & known routines/processes along with ensuring that the classroom itself is a bright, display rich, engaging and nice place to be.
Some of the many questions that are discussed include:
- What are principles that guide, and the diverse ingredients that constitute effective classroom management?
- Are you in search of the myriad of organisational tips, along with practical suggestions for engineering the physical spaces of the classroom?
- Why self-reflection and check-listing are key aspects of CM will set you up for success?
- What strategies can we deploy for developing responsible pupils?
- Why the nature and quality of interactions strongly influence classroom management outcomes.
- What does the research literature say about the most effective CM techniques and practices?
- Why great classroom management is rooted in motivating learners, pro-activity by teacher, and what we call ‘creative approaches to mistakes’?
- What is challenging behaviour, what does it look like and how does one best respond?
- How do you word & deliver comments?
- Is your classroom optimised for learning?
- Are the rules class generated, succinct, known and consistently applied, with transitions well managed and pro-active discipline strategies central to everything?
- Would you like to participate in our forums, where great classroom management ideas, techniques and strategies get discussed, and where the distilled wisdom & vast experience of course participants gets shared out as tips & techniques that simply work?
……………………………not to mention the wealth of physical resources that can be downloaded from the course etc.
Regardless of which class you teach, be party to our ‘Classroom Management Course’ in Autumn/ Winter 2016 and discover a whole new way of classroom living!
The on-line format of this course enables you to study at a time and place that best suits your own needs.
You can access your course from July 1st to 5pm on August 23rd.
Within this highly interactive web based course, a dynamic learning experience awaits, where you can interact with your fellow course participants through the in-course chat forums and communication tools provided by the CPD College learning system.
Our friendly and knowledgeable tutors actively support each course, providing expert interaction, guidance and feedback for all participants on chat questions and assignments which call for critical reflection, self-analysis and a reasoned response.
On successful completion of your course, you can download and print off your CPD record and Certificate of Completion.
We look forward to welcoming you to your course.
This course aims to:
- Deliver the principles, ideas and insights that effective classroom managers use on a daily basis.
- Equip participants with the knowledge, understandings and practices to implement effective classroom management, those distilled from research and highlighted in the curriculum.
- Outline the positive strategies for managing children’s’ challenging / inappropriate behaviours.
- Enable participants to assess and engineer the physical classroom space in order to elicit more desirable behaviours / eliminate the possible triggers of inappropriate behaviours.
- Recall and appraise the pro-active teaching strategies that can be harnessed and deployed by them on a daily basis, strategies that impact positively on children’s behaviour.
- Evaluate a range of teacher tested hints, tips and strategies that will bring out the best behaviours in their pupils, thus creating an environment that is conducive to both learning and teaching.
- Appraise and appreciate the benefits that flow from effective classroom management.
- Itemise and explore the effective integration, management and storage of ICT tools and equipment.
- Look at, review and score one’s own ‘Teacher Practice in Literacy’ as part of the SSE process.
|01 - This module looks in detail at effective classroom management techniques and the principles of best practice.|
|02 - In this module we examine what constitutes inappropriate behavior and explore the creation of rules & procedures for governing pupil/pupil and teacher/pupil interactions.|
|03 - The theme of this module is engineering the physical space of the classroom – getting the basics right – wall displays / learning centres etc. – an attractive classroom to stimulate and support learning.|
|04 - In this module we review of the proactive teaching and management strategies that elicit the desirable behaviours.|
|05 - This module describes tested teacher techniques and tips for better classroom discipline.|